First Year Teachers
- Think positively.
- Be prepared. Be prepared . Be prepared
- Don't be afraid to ask for help.
- Get enough sleep .
Take care of yourself !
- Don't giveup .
- More importantly, don't let your students give up !
- Focus on the children .
Remember why you're there.
- Earn your students' repect.
- Be fair and consistent at all times.
- Be flexible ! Thing don't always go the way you plan them
- Be organized !
Develop a system that works for you.
- Use your textbook as a resource, not a crutch.
- Resist the urge to gossip.
- Work hard to develop a community of learners.
- Get to know the support staff at your school.
- Give students a "fresh start" in your classroom.
- Don't be afraid to let them know that you care.
- Make positive phone calls for all students.
- You'll be glad you did!
- Document , document , document .
- Be reflective !
Always look for ways to improve your teaching.
- Give low-achieving students the support they need to succeed.
- Give high-achieving students the challenges they need to reach new heights.
- Stay up-to-date on the educational news and research.
- Make time to communicate with other educators.
- Use instructional technology on daily basis.
- Encourage your students to think independently.
Act as a facilitator as they make their own discoveries.
- Be a role model for your students.
They see and hear everything you say and do.